English as a Second Language Classes
The YMCA of Southern Maine offers English as a Second Language (ESL) classes to community members at our Greater Portland branch. These classes are run in partnership with Intercambio, a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving immigrant lives.
Free English Conversation Classes at the Y!
English Conversation with Marion Walsh
- Wednesday, July 5th 12-1p
- Wednesday, July 12th 12-1p
- Wednesday, July 19th 12-1p
- Wednesday, July 26th 12-1p
English Conversation with Susan Payne
Would you like a chance to practice your English with others, including an experienced English as a Second Language teacher? If so, join Susan Payne at the Y! Susan will come with ideas for conversation, useful tips on life in Portland, and will welcome your ideas and questions. Child care is provided by the Y.
- Tuesday, July 11th 12:05-1p
- Tuesday, July 18th 12:05-1p
- Tuesday, July 25th 12:05-1p
- Tuesday, August 1st 12:05-1p
FREE "Speaking American English" classes with Dr. Kris
Learn to understand and to speak American English: pronunciation, intonation, stress, rhythm, and dialect.
- Thursday, July 6th, 9-10a
- Thursday, July 13th, 9-10a
- Thursday, July 20th, 9-10a
- Thursday, July 27th, 9-10a
For more information please contact Michaela Moody at 207-874-1111 or email@example.com.
Next Class Begins Fall 2017!
To qualify for fall classes, you must take a placement test.
For test dates contact Michaela Moody at 207-874-1111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know…
The nation’s first ESL class was held for German immigrants at the Cincinnati YMCA in 1856!