Welcome to the Y! As a member, you are joining a welcoming and supportive community.
You will find among our staff and other members the expertise, encouragement, and camaraderie to meet your health and well-being goals.You will also be able to access an array of programs and services designed to meet your needs. The majority of these are included in your membership to make it as easy as possible to participate in as many opportunities as you’d like. Included in your membership are:
- All Open Facility Usage – Wellness Centers, Lap and Therapy Pools, Gymnasiums (Portland and Pineland Branches), Bowling (Pineland only), Squash & Racquetball (Portland only)
- All Land and Water Drop-in Group Exercise Classes
- Smart Start – Four weekly visits during your first month of membership with one of our Fitness Specialists to get you off on the right track in meeting your goals
- Family Prime Time – ‘While You’re Here Child Care’ (available for our family memberships)
- Youth & Adult Swim Lessons (at no fee for our family memberships)
- Member rates on registration based programs
- Interchangeable use of all four of our branches
- Access to YMCAs across New England
- Volunteer opportunities to see and support the Y’s mission in action
- And so much more!
Please see our facility access chart for youth & youth program memberships here.
The YMCA is a fully inclusive organization, welcoming all in our community.
This includes all income levels. To make the Y accessible to all, we offer an easy to utilize sliding scale rate structure based on household income. We have a base rate for households earning more than $64,200 per year. For all others, our rates slide accordingly. Please see our scale below to find the rate for your membership. (The same sliding scale is available for all registration based programs.) We want to ensure that everyone is welcome and able to participate at the Y!
Please Note: All rates are determined individually. The above grid is used as a starting point, and consideration is made for extenuating circumstances. With any concerns about the amount indicated here, please feel free to ask for more information, or to discuss the rate based on other factors.
Next Steps: If you are interested in utilizing our sliding scale rates, please pick up an application at our membership desk. In completing that one-page form, please note that we will ask for income verification. Also, note that gross household income is for the total household. With any questions, please ask. We look forward to helping you become a member of our Y!
Find one of our branches near you: