School Age Enrichment Program 2013-2014
What are your children doing before and after school?
In the Y-Care program, kids build self-esteem, values, and positive relationships with their peers and the YMCA staff. You'll know your children are growing and exploring their potential while having fun!
Join the YMCA School Age Enrichment Program and you'll experience a safe, fun, and engaging atmosphere every day.
At the YMCA we provide a safe, caring, nurturing, and enriching environment for your school age child.
Our goals are:
- To ensure that kids interact with peers and positive role models.
- To foster the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- To offer fun, age appropriate activities that encourage self-esteem and growth in areas such as health and wellness, homework assistance, arts, sports and recreation, choice time, and more!
- To provide an environment where children are active learners, make choices, have responsibility for their actions, and understand limits.
- To build a trusting relationship between parents, children, and staff where there is mutual respect and frequent communication.
Programs are available for students in grades K-5 at the following South Portland schools:
Before school care runs from 7:00 - 8:30 am and offers students a relaxed atmosphere and an enjoyable way to start the day. At 8:30 am, students are walked to the playground where school staff take over student supervision.
After school care runs from the end of the school day until 5:30 pm and offers students a safe, nurturing, and enriching environment. We offer a daily afternoon snack.
Each of our off-site school age programs are licensed through Maine's Department of Health and Human Services.
All staff are First Aid and CPR certified, with prior experience working with children. Staff also participate in ongoing training, ensuring that your children are always safe and well cared for.
Our Annual Campaign raises funds for our families in need of financial assistance. If you think you may qualify, please apply! Contact the Y at 207-874-1111 for more information, or stop by any branch of the Y to pick up an application.
We also accept DHHS Vouchers, ASPIRE, and Transitional Assistance Funds. Please contact us if you qualify for this funding.
3 days: $46/week
5 days: $60/week
3 days: $68/week
5 days: $96/week
Combined Morning/Afternoon Program:
3 days: $96/week
5 days: $128/week
- $30 Registration Fee paid to hold your child's spot
- Financial Assistance paperwork submitted for consideration (if applicable)
Click Here to Download the Financial Assistance Form
- Registration Packet Completed
Register online or download and complete the 4 page registration form below
- CACFP Food Program Form Completed (must be signed and submitted in hard copy only, no electronic submission accepted)
Note: We must receive this form from all families. At a minimum, the child's name, age, days of care, plus the parent signature are required. We receive subsidies for snacks served based on these forms.
- Payment Policy Agreement is signed and submitted tot he Y (hard copy only, no electronic submission accepted)
- First and last week's deposit paid -or- Automatic withdrawals scheduled
- Parent Handbook Acknowledgment form is signed and submitted to he Y
(hard copy only, no electronic submission accepted)
Please call Jay Lyons, the Child Care Director, at 207-874-1111 x 116 if you have any questions or any difficulty with the registration process.
Download Forms Now